Press Release from AIHA, October 26, 2015
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) has launched a Mold Resource Center, an online reference guide for consumers and professionals to learn fast facts on mold, the potential adverse health effects of mold exposure, why remediation and prevention is important, what to do if you are victim of an indoor flood, and where to find help to prevent mold infestation.
In addition to natural catastrophes, such as the recent Hurricane Joaquin that caused historic rain fall and flooding in the Carolinas, excessive indoor moisture in a building can lead to mold problems, resulting in an increased risk of respiratory disease, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
AIHA’s Mold Resource Center provides information to consumers and industry professionals regarding mold, including:
- Facts About Mold (general information)
- Flood Response Resources
- A listing of additional online resources about mold
- Detailed articles about mold from AIHA’s trusted news source, the Synergist magazine
- Access to mold related publications and educational courses
- 2015 AIHA Consultants Listing, where one can search for mold specialists by State.
“The Center provides up-to-date information useful for the detection of mold in buildings as well as the successful remediation of the contamination,” said Donald Weekes, CIH, CSP, FAIHA, member of the AIHA Board of Directors’ Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Committee.
To visit AIHA’s Mold Resource Center, go here.