McDaniel Lambert, Inc.
McDaniel Lambert, Inc. offers an intensive one-day Community Meeting Workshop. The workshop is designed to assist clients in preparing for the RMP public meetings now required by law or for other community meetings. The one-day course provides hands-on training in the principles and practice of risk communication. Participants learn how to:
· Avoid the pitfalls of presentations
· Plan to avoid crisis–and develop meeting strategies that work
· Establish credibility before, during, and after the meeting
· Set up the meeting space to encourage fruitful exchange
· Explain data with clarity
· Watch body language
· Explain an offsite consequence analysis without scaring the public
· Answer tough questions using a 5-stage model
The course includes videotaping of participants and a community meeting role-play. Sessions are offered on selected dates in an open-enrollment multi-company format or can be conducted upon request at the client’s facility.
The consultants have conducted more than 100 risk communication workshops, including many focused on RMP, for industry, agencies, and the public in the United States. In addition, they have conducted training in Southeast Asia and Europe. They have been very active in providing RMP support to ammonia plants, water districts, oil refineries, and chemical plants, particularly in the western United States. They have helped develop strategies, prepare communications materials, and have assisted at public meetings.